As we get closer to the beginning of the fall semester and with high school graduations coming soon, many of the courses you need to complete your degree may begin to fill. Don’t panic! If you find the needed course full, try following these steps:
- Locate the course you need using the course search function in eServices. Note: you
may need to change the default from Open + Waitlist Eligible Courses to All Courses.
- After locating your full course, click the Equivalent Course button, the Magnifying Glass looking icon to the left of the course.
- Look through the list and see if the course is offered through a different school within the Minnesota State College and University System.
- Contact your school’s Transfer Specialist. You will need to verify that your home school will accept the replacement course as transfer credit.
- After verifying that the course will be accepted, visit the teaching school’s bookstore website to locate the course materials needed for the class.
Remember, as you may be taking this course online through a different school, you will need to make sure you have access to the teaching school’s email as well as Desire2Learn to have success in the course. If you have any difficulties, please call the school’s Helpdesk or feel free to call us, 800-456-8519, for additional help.
Enjoy your summer!
Contributed by: Scott Tadlock | Online Advisor | Minnesota Online